Sunday, March 25, 2007

Eyes Wide Open

I watched "Poseidon" this weekend and realized one thing:

I really, really need to learn how to swim with my eyes open.

I would have been deadweight to the survivor team with my inability to open my eyes underwater. Poor Josh Lucas would always be having to comeback and find me holding my breath, eyes clamped shut, banging my head into a closed steel wall thinking it was my way out. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that would effectively ruin our chances of being together.

If Josh and I are going to have any serious chance at love, I've got to get my eyes opening underwater.

That is all. Carry on.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

You crack me up.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

LMAO! You're too funny!!! May I offer you a pair of goggles?

Mel said...

but you know....you could totally be the damsel in distress!!! I bet he secretly loves that. Who cares if you bring the team down, you get rescued. I'll take it

Anonymous said...

Opening my eyes is easy for me, but it wasn't something I did while swimming in the ocean. seriously, I recall a slight stinging sensation. I'm sure of it. I'm sure that when I eat salty chips or pretzels and rub my eye it stings quite a bit.

Anonymous said...

I used to swim with my eyes open all the time - until I got contacts. Now it's either a) swim blind with my eyes open; or b) swim with clear vision and my head above water. Usually, I pick b.

JustRun said...

Sounds like completely rational thinking to me. :)

Aaron said...

Seriously?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, or you could just carry goggles everywhere you go! lol.

Aaron said...

No, seriously! ;^)

DCchick said...

Oh, man. I feel the same way about my kickboxing/gun weilding abilities and Michael Vartan.

I will win him over though!