Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Worry Boot camp

I'm a girl who worries. A lot. I have lost countless sleeping hours wondering if the relationship is going to work out, if I'm going to get the job, if I parked too close to the curb, if it's going to blow over, if Angelina really doesn't love Shiloh, if he still remembers me, if I hurt her feelings, if a Canadian team is going to win the Stanley Cup, where Heidi is going to live when Spencer breaks up with her, where my extra set of keys are, if I've accidentally had gluten... and quite frankly, it leaves me tired.

So I'm going to throw myself into worry boot camp. For the rest of the month, anytime I start to worry about things I can't control, the people I can't change and the acts I can't erase, I'm going to stop. Then I'm going to channel Dr. Phil/Oprah/The Secret and anyone or anything else that's about positive thought and has sold a lot of books and take my worry and replace it with a great thought about how freaking fabulous I am. Because really, if everyone I know is signing up for a boot camp to improve their assets before summer, I'm going to sign up to improve mine. And I can't think of a better place to start than with my brain.

10 comments:

HippieChyck said...

hear, hear.

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing, and I always find something to worry about when I'm just about to fall asleep, which sucks. And I think that Angie really doesn't love Shiloh that much, ha ha!

Mel said...

Oh a fellow worrier!!! Welcome, "Hi my name is Mel and I worry about TOO much!"

Good luck with your goal. I know you can do it :)

Please just tell me you NEVER worry if you have too many shoes ;) because that is a mortal sin lol

Carrie said...

MMHM.

And I agree with Mel - we should NEVER worry about having too many shoes... or anything else that makes us happy.

Bre said...

Cheers to that! And if you ever waver on your fabulousness, just give me a shout and I'll set you straight!

Beth said...

I am the queen of worrying. I worry about very little thing. I don't think I have the willpower to break my worrying habit.

I think that Angelina really loves Shiloh. I worry that she loves her more than Maddox and Zahara!

Anonymous said...

I woke up in a state of panic the other night worrying about how I hadn't yet changed all my light bulbs to the energy efficient kind (and worrying that I am a bad person because I don't want to because they are ugly) and about all the sea lions getting caught in the fishing nets and then, the most important one, about how I am going to be 39 years old next month. Cannot seem to turn my brain off these days.

oh, and yeah, NEVER worry about having too many shoes. there is no such thing

Nic said...

Dude.

I too wonder where Heidi will live when Spencer confuses his "Heidi" phone with his "player" phone. But given her new, ahmm, "attributes," I'm more worried that a crazed Lauren may take advantage of a top-heavy Heidi by tripping her. Ooops.

Lefty said...

I hear those boot camps are pretty awful places.

But I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.

megabrooke said...

LOL @ Nic-- he's realllly put some thought into all of this.

And um, you listed every single worry I have too. Every one. I couldn't agree more. Can we start an online blogging worry support group?