Thursday, April 19, 2007

Loincloth thoughts

I have a certain conversation on a weekly basis. My view is constantly changing and the topic never grows old for me. I imagine one of the first conversations on the topic of guys and girls being 'just friends' went something like this...

Mary and Sarah sit in loincloths eating raw meat...

Mary: Sarah, we missed you yesterday at dinner. We played hangman on the cave wall, ate burnt leaves and drank from a muddy puddle. It was wonderful! Where were you?

Sarah: Oh, Jacob and I went rock picking and then he speared something, which we quickly ate to avoid having to share it with the tribe.

Mary: You went with Jacob? Alone? Sarah, I have to ask, do you covet Jacob and want to bear his children? Do you wish to look under his loincloth?

Sarah: No Mary, Jacob and I are just friends.

Mary: Just friends? Is that possible?

Sarah: Why wouldn't it be?

Mary: I've just never imagined that people with fitting parts could possibly be just friends. Are you sure this can happen?

Sarah: I think so... I mean, I don't think I want to run into the bush with him and I don't think wants that either. I think we are happy just spearing animals together and seeing who has the most impressive grunt.

Mary: Fascinating. Man and Woman. As friends. This needs further discussion, but for now let me pick the bugs out of your hair. I'm starving.

End scene

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Discussion question: Now what if the reason you don't want to run into the bush with Jacob and look under his loincloth is because you know he is running into the bush with Bob and they look under each other loincloths?

Jennifer said...

I knew I chose you as a Thinking Blogger for a reason!

This was hilarious!

brandy said...

Ruby- I suppose that makes it easier to go rock picking if you know there will never be any ulterior motives. However, if you do sort of covet Jacob and he STILL wants to go into the bush with Bob, that sort of sucks.

Jennifer- Lol, thanks! And I plan on bragging about this award in the near future...

Aaron said...

"I've just never imagined that people with fitting parts could possibly be just friends."

*insert howling laughter here*

Nic said...

hehehe...you had me at "loincloth". hehehehe...still snickering...

Ched said...

do you covet Jacob and want to bear his children


Chuckles.