Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The 3's

Three Words/Phrases I Say Too Often
1. Seriously!
2. Imagine!
3. What the hell am I doing?

Three Addictions That Make me feel like I'm 14 years old
1. "The Hills". I. Cannot. Get. Enough.
2. Facebook
3. Harry Potter mania. New movie annnnd new book this summer? Screw December, I think July is going to feel a lot like Christmas!
4. Going to see J.T. in concert this August. (Because really, what's a better way to celebrate my 26th birthday?)

Three Quirks that make me feel like I'm 84 years old
1. I refer to my legs as my gams
2. I just bought a $63 tube of eye cream
3. I think most people listen to their music too loud

Three Things/People That make me swoon
1. Anyone who is a)male b)in possession of an accent c)single
2. Pretty new shoes. Especially ones on my feet.
3. Seeing other people in love. Since, the last time I was in love man had just invented the wheel and the consensus was that the world was flat. It's been a while, friends. But I love seeing other people in love. Especially old people. It's just so darn cute.

Three Recent Purchases That Made Me Happy (Because yes, I'm the girl who gets happy by material objects. It takes more than personal fulfillment and rainbows to get me to smile sometimes...)
1. New shoes (pink satin with a 3 inch heel. Peeptoe, with a bow. Cuter than a baby panda)
2. "On Beauty" by Zadie Smith. If I ever wrote ONE sentence similar to how she writes, I would die completely fulfilled.
3. Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean perfume. (I smell radiant. sensual. captivating. A modern expression of sparkling radiance.- Well, at least that's what the box says it will be like...)

Three words I commonly misspell
1. accidentally
2. Mediterranean
3. misspell

Three of my best Halloween costumes
1. A ninja turtle (we went as a group. I was the orange one...)
2. A paperbag princess
3. Ashley Olsen (Trout was Mary Kate)

Three things I do exceptionally well
1. write in fragment sentences
2. distract small children and get them away from open windows so they can finish their schoolwork
3. give speeches

Three things I do not do exceptionally well
1. time management
2. hold my tongue
3. hide my excitement

Three people I would love to be for a day
1. Zadie Smith
2. Karl Rove (I would love to see what his typical day is like. Does he really rub his hands together and laugh wickedly when he has an evil plan? I'm curious)
3. Jon Stewart (the man is hilarious)

Three people I would not want to be for a day
1. Ann Coulter (karma is going to get her and I don't want to be around for that)
2. Ann Coulter
3. Ann Coulter

Happy Wednesday!

16 comments:

JustRun said...

Ha! Great list! The things I don't do exceptionally well are eerily similar to yours. :)

Beth said...

JT for your birthday? You're right-it doesn't get much better than that!

J. A. Blackburn said...

This is great. Seriously. :)

Sizzle said...

old people in love makes me go "awww" and hope that i am like them someday.

Anonymous said...

I love old people in love! Too cute! Gives us all hope!

Ally said...

I'm in agreement on Ann Coulter; she's atrocious.

I watch The Hills too, although that Spencer guy is seriously getting on my nerves.

megabrooke said...

oh i agree with so many of these! jt, old people, people in love, new shoes, accidentally, and music too loud! damn straight. happy weds. to you too.

Bre said...

must. see. pictures. of. the. shoes.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I say awesome entirely too much and I don't think I've ever managed to spell unfortunately without spell check in my life.

HippieChyck said...

speaking of road trips, running, and being a comment whore, i left a new comment on your 'running & breaking hearts' post. without flinching this time.

also - i'm still bummed that i missed the christina aguilera concert this year.

Anonymous said...

Those shoes really do sound utterly gorgeous.

My recent shoe purchases were the bad kind - the ones that look so beautiful but rip your feet to shreds. Unfortunately, I have to wait for them to heal before I can start wearing anything else pretty again!

Buying $63 eye cream may make you feel like you're 84 now, but when you're actually 84, you'll probably only look 74. Maybe 70 if you're extra lucky - just look at it that way!

Sarah N said...

Shoes DO make everything better, don't they? I love the paperbag princess idea!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

This was a great idea.

Carrie said...

SHOES!!! Oh pretty pretty please do show us the shoes!

And yes. Ann Clouter is the devil.

Chica said...

SO with you on the Zadie Smith thing, although I preferred The Autograph Man. The woman is sickeningly talented.

Wanderlusting said...

Loved everything on your list especially:
1) Love seeing people in love - and I am in love to boot
2) am in love with a sexy-accented man (Scottish)
3)Tried to get JT tickets but they sold out (for pairs) in 2 minutes
4)People DO listen to music too loud
5) I spent 80$ on face cream
6)Facebook - though the addiction is dying down...more fun just to lurk
7) and everyone knows I dont know what the hell I am doing - I dont even have to say it