Thursday, February 22, 2007

Does anyone....?

Does anyone else ever imagine what the six Jeopardy categories they would most like to have if they were on the show? I think about this regularly and think I have mine narrowed down:

1. Books (preferably books by Melissa Banks or Bob Woodward)
2. Scrabble ( I really think I would do well in this. Probably because when I can't sleep I chose words and try to calcuate their scores. Wow. If I wasn't so awesome I would be a huge nerd.)
3. The Bush Administration (I'm not a fan, I just like reading about it)
4. Sex and the City or The Office (it feels wrong to have tv consume two categories, so I would be happy with either one.)
5. Places that start with "R" or movies starring John Cusack
6. Usless celebrity knowledge

Does anyone else feel that the Barack/Hillary debate is dangerous when people say things like "It's time a woman was president" or "it's time a black person was president", without saying a single comment about where each of them stand on important issues facing the States? Don't get me wrong, although I don't live in the States, I see myself more of a Democrat than Republican, but voting for someone because of what they look like seems just as bad as not voting for someone because of what they look like.

Also, does anyone else feel that there are backup singers on American Idol who should be contestants and contestants who should be back up singers?

And am I the only one who feels just really sad for Britney now? And then, sad that I feel so worried about someone I don't know?

I'm just curious.

8 comments:

Ally said...

I get more worried about Hillary and Obama as a result of the early mud-slinging. I don't want them smear each other; lets leave that for the Reublican candidates. The Democrats do not need to lose another presidential election and getting snippy with each other this early is counterproductive.

Clare said...

We don't have Jeopardy over here although I think we are getting highlights of American Idol now which is cool. I saw that guy in the auditions that had a thing for Paula ... ewww lol!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's possible for someone to know more about John Cusack movies than I do... but I'm willing to fight you for the title of ultimate fan geek :-p

Also, how sad must it be to be a backup singer for nobodies?

Brrrr said...

I don't like the "vote for him because he's black" or the "vote for her because she's a chick" thing .. but I do like imagining all of the potential new voters who may cast a vote for the first time in their life for a federal election because the leader of the Dems might be black or because she might be a she... I don't even live in the States but I find it exciting.

And no you're not the only one who feels sad for Britney. I actually feel quite sorry and sad for her at the same time. If only she and Justin could've lived happily every after....

WestSideSlant said...

Wanna really feel sorry for Brit? Check out this link. After seeing this I take back what I said earlier this week about her. It takes a while to load but the video and pics are worth it.

http://www.x17online.com/

megabrooke said...

I like your Jepordy categories. Especially the celebrity knowledge and S&TC.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the recent politics lately with Hillary/Barack. But I agree with your statement about voting for someone based on what they look like.

Totally agree about American Idol.

And you are not the only one feeling bad for Britney.

Anonymous said...

I so want to be on your episode of Jeopardy!

brandy said...

Ally- I totally know what you mean. I don't even live in the States but if the Dem's lose this next election, I think I might cry.

Clare- No Jeopardy? Sweet Jesus, I don't know if I could live without it. And Kathryn, I'm totally down with you being a contestant. We just need one more, someone who knows nothing so then we look good!

Bre- Okay, John Cusack fan... I'm prepared to fight to the death. I just watched "High Fidelity" last weekend and re-fell in love.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels bad for Britney. It's just... scary now. I've told my friends that if I start even eyeing hair clippers when having a breakdown, I should just be locked up.