Monday, February 5, 2007

Brought to you by the letter "F"

So I've moved past my obsession with celebrity life (farewell glossy US Weekly and star sighting proving that they are "just like us!") and have discovered that reading other peoples blogs is highly entertaining and unusually comforting (knowing that a gal in New Jersey wants to wear sweat pants but just can't make herself because of how she feels when she wears them really hit home with me). Usually I lurk without commenting, but when I read this I had to reply. Those of you who know me, know that I enjoy anything that gives me a reason not to do actual work and I feel contemplating my views on the letter "F" clearly provides me with that opportunity.

This is how to change your life: Write ten words that start with the letter you are assigned and a brief description of why you chose that particular word. If you feel this might be something that you too would like to participate in to stall you from doing work, email me and I will give you a letter. And no, it won't be X.

The Letter F

1. Fanta: The greatest beverage of all time. If it was possible (and not highly disgusting) I would figure out a way to have an IV of it started up and permanently inserted into my arm. Fanta was also chosen because it's the only beverage (in 6-pack form) I carried in my already too-heavy backpack while traipsing across Europe. My love for it is strong and deep, like a river some might say.

2. Friday: My favourite day of the week.

3. Foosball: The one game that I can't seem to improve upon. I try to play angles and learn defensive strategies but I've come to the startling conclusion that the only time I win is when my opponent is drunk (or just, more drunk than me), or when we play partners and my partner is amazing. I could take my lumps and stay a horrible player, but that goes against everything I stand for. This is why I insist on playing whenever I see a table.

4. Faux: As in the only type of fur I can wear without getting the shivers. My mom is determined that I will jump on the 'fur bandwagon' and will one day express a strong desire to want to wear her old fur coats. I don't see the idea of wearing a dead carcass on my back fashionable, so the coats remain in storage.

5. "Fever": The one song it's not only cool but freaking mandatory to snap your fingers along to and sing with your eyes closed. (I'm partial to the Peggy Lee version)

6. Franck: The greatest character in "Father of the Bride". Don't get me wrong, Steve Martin is great but Martin Short makes me giggle every time.

7. Floss: I feel like I'm an adult because I take this seriously. I console myself with the fact that I still haven't boarded the train of 'mainstream boring adult' because the floss still needs to be flavored. Currently, I'm rocking mint.

8. "F!": The letter I yell out when I'm angry. Like, when I drop a paint can on my foot. However, if the paint can is full and I'm wearing open toed shoes I might elevate it to "fuck", but I prefer saying "f". It's funnier (and that's important when my foot is throbbing), plus I work with kids so I try not to get into the habit of dropping the f bomb- it shocks the kids into uncomfortable silence and leaves parents less than impressed. Trust me.

9. Fred Flintstone: I like playing Scattegories and you get double points when you list something/someone who has double the letter. So my gaming nature makes it necessary to include Fred. Another Fred Flintstone note, I must imitate his bowling move every time I'm at the bowling alley. It's official, I'm a dork.

10. Fate: An idea that keeps me up at night (even more than the idea of failure- another f word), watching Larry King reruns.

3 comments:

Linda said...

You totally eFFin ROCK. I Flippantly Flung the F at you truly because I closed my eyes and the word Fabulous came to mind. In running that through my numerous Blog Filters, I guess I was secretly hoping you'd somehow Fit in the Fbomb... I got that vibe From your posts.

Living in the Frigid midwest, I've noticed a lot of people say "Oh, fer _______ (fill in the blank: i.e. Pity's, God's, Pete's, etc.) sake! My Friends and I love the PHrase Oh Fer Fuck's Sake.

Thank you for giving the letter F it's due.

A new fan,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I want a letter but I don't have a blog. Can you just email me one so I can waste time and mass email my views to everyone? This is much more important than doing my lab homework.

brandy said...

Linda, getting complimented for throwing down the f bomb totally made my day!