Friday, January 5, 2007

I shall....

I love the idea of New Year's resolutions. I love the idea of lists. I love the idea of using 'shall' in many sentences. Thus, this seems not only a good idea, but a necessity.

My 2007 To-Do List

1. I shall continue rocking my new bangs, my favourite jeans (complete with hole) and my side ponytail with complete abandon.

2. I shall make continue making Nancy Regan proud and "just say no" to: half hearted attempts at friendships with people who are jackpot tragedies, re-joining the Grey's Anatomy bandwagon and succumbing to the tasty (albeit dangerous) lure of The Olive Garden.

3. I shall eat more ants on a log. Peanut butter! Celery! Almonds! So good!

4. I shall start watching "The Wire", finish a Sudoku puzzle and will stop apologizing for loudly singing along to "Life is a Highway" any time it plays.

5. I shall not feel bad for needing confirmation that I will not die alone. I will also stop putting myself in a position where that thought even crosses my mind.

6. I shall stop worrying about Reese's happiness and consider my own. Unless of course, damning photos come out of Ryan and his rumored love Abby Cornish. Then, naturally, Reese's happiness will become a top priority.

7. I shall consider the possibility that me standing on one foot for 20 minutes, cheering with a toothbrush in my mouth is NOT the reason for Canada's world champion hockey victory.

8. I shall start memorizing all 1014 3-letter Scrabble words, but will also work on 'toning down' my obnoxious victory dance. (It's getting a bit.. out of hand)

9. According to my friends I have a problem with actually 'answering' my phone. So, I shall work on improving my 3/27 pick-up rate. That's just for you Darci.

10. I shall do more things that are good for me and less that are not. ( And I shall continue being as vague as possible when I'm too tired to go into details)

2 comments:

Lady Cha Cha Pontaloon said...

I just had to say: 1) I like your blog. It makes me laugh. 2) To me, ants on a log has always been celery, cheez whiz and raisins! The whiz can occassionally, in times of boredom, be replaced with peanut butter. But, the almonds?! That just blew my fucking mind!

Keep up the fresh wit.

brandy said...

Eileen, if there is one thing I enjoy doing more than Christmas wordfinds, it's blowing people's mind with my food choices. I grew up on the 'traditional' ants on the log as described by you, but once I reached drinking age my body revolted against the idea of cheese you can smear. And, I've never liked raisins. Although, almonds don't really look like ants. Maybe they should be white horned beetles on a log?