Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snow Day!

Snow Days feel like free money. They come out of nowhere, leave me ridiculously excited and dangerously ambitious.

The howling winds, zero visibility and freezer-like temperatures sparked school bus cancellations and ended my commitment to teach grade five math today. I considered going back to sleep, but like all good children (at heart, anyway) with a day off from school, I realized that sleeping would waste this day.

Instead, I attempted snow shoeing. While walking a dog. Who hates walking.

Fully encased in layers of fleece and thermal, I trudged into the backyard- reluctant dog firmly in tow. I will spare you all the details of falling down a hill and almost being dragged when the dog spotted deer, but needless to say it was fun. As much fun as you can have with snow packed into your ears and down your right pant leg. I'm not sure if I will ever feel my toes again and I wasn't aware that powdered snow could cut you- but it was entertaining.

I'm so excited about today.

Up next: making smores in the fireplace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

S'mores are not gluten free Brandy. Are you planning on poisoning yourself?

brandy said...

I never got around to s'more making, I got really engulfed with the snowshoeing. Besides, s'mores are only fun to make when you are camping. And you know, your company doesn't have four legs.