Saturday, November 25, 2006

Jon Stewart and Me

So I've succumbed to peer pressure and have started an actual blog. I've done this for the following reasons:

- I have a few spare hours to kill before I watch Bond kill
- I actually enjoy writing but feel that my attention span won't allow me to compose a novel
- I was told I should (and after this, I'm jumping off that bridge)
- People are annoyed with the yellow star that keeps showing up on my msn space each time I waste time there.
- I want to join the pretentious masses who tell you they 'blog'

I want to be a blogger but I have a sad feeling no one reads the blogs of random people. People read the blogs of individuals fighting off serious diseases, battling mother nature or discovering cures to diseases with really long names. Or famous people. Even I admit, if Jon Stewart blogged I would most likely read it everyday. Okay, even if he just typed out a grocery list of a complete stranger I would read it. Daily. Like, at 5pm.

2 comments:

egan said...

So this is where and when it all began? I'm sneaky. Sure you've moved all these posts to your new pad, but I had to come here to check it out. Would you say bloggers are pretentious now? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

Oh Egan, you sly minx. I was actually hoping no one would ever go back this far and read this since I knew I would have some explaining to do. I have to admit, i've learned my lesson. Bloggers are not all pretentious, it was just a few that I knew before I started blogging who were. Like a few bad seeds, some might say. Thanks for proving me wrong.